Keep your truck, SUV, or trailer working properly by keeping it serviced our auto shop in Littleon, Colorado. With more than 19 years of experience, the staff of Excel Diesel & SUV is ready to handle your servicing needs from oil changes, to tire rotating, to alignments, filter replacements, and more. Contact us at (303) 904-1500 to schedule any maintenance services your vehicle requires.
As warm weather approaches, many of our customers will be traveling to spend time with family or enjoy vacation time. Keep in mind, here are just a few of the things AAA recommends you keep and eye on to keep your vehicle running smooth:
- Radiator Flush: The coolant in your radiator doesn’t last forever. Over time it can break down and start to corrode the inside of your radiator. This can lead to cooling problems and radiator repair. A radiator flush once a year is cheap insurance against radiator repairs.
- Replace Your Air Filter: You should replace your air filter twice a year, so now’s a good time to get that 5-minute job out of the way.
- Tire Checks: Summer traveling could mean driving in the rain. The tread on your tires must be adequate for rainy weather or you could end up in a ditch, or worse. Checking the tread depth on your tires take one minute. While you’re at it, you should check your tire pressure, too.
- Replace Your Windshield Wipers: Winter weather can be brutal to your windshield wipers, making them almost useless if you get caught in a summer rain shower. Replace them at the beginning of the summer and you won’t have to worry.
- Inspect Your Brakes: It’s a good idea to inspect your brakes twice a year just to be sure everything is up t snuff. Car safety should always be a top priority. Go ahead and check your brake fluid while you’re at it.
- Check Your Battery: Corrosion is very likely to build up during winter weather driving. Check your battery posts and cables to ensure you’ll have no starting problems.
- Check Your Headlights: Sometimes you don’t notice that you have a bulb out. Now’s a good time to take a look to see if you need to replace a headlight bulb. Not only is it unsafe to drive with one headlight, you can get a ticket!